Our Mission: To Think on Your Behalf
Kimerling & Wisdom’s mission is to establish a strong mutual understanding of your financial issues in order to formulate creative and practical strategies to help you achieve your financial goals.
The partners and professionals of KWLLC can provide you with:
• Personal, timely, and responsive attention to your needs
• Insightful business, financial, and management advice
• Specialized services to help you plan for opportunities and solve problems
• An experienced team dedicated to your success
Noah Kimerling (retired)
The founding partner of KWLLC, Noah worked extensively in film, media, and publishing venues as well as with various nonprofit agencies, small businesses, attorneys, physicians, dentists, estates, and trusts.
• National Society of Public Accountants
• New York Society of Independent Accountants
• National Lawyers Guild
Community Service and Avocations
Noah is founder and chairperson of the Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation (www.seankimerling.org), a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness of testicular cancer and the need for regular self-examination. The Foundation was established in memory of Noah’s son Sean, the Emmy Award-winning anchor of WB11 sports and pre-game announcer for the New York Mets. Sean died from testicular cancer on September 9, 2003. He was only 37.
Also an avid sailor, Noah has crossed the North and Mid-Atlantic to Europe and Africa and back several times and has navigated the Caribbean and the South Atlantic to South America as captain of his thirty-eight foot ketch Noah’s Ark.
Ross Wisdom (CPA, Audit Partner*, Tax Manager)
Ross provides audit and tax services to nonprofit organizations, small businesses, coops, attorneys, estates, and trusts. His clients include Louis Kahn Project’s My Architect; Souvenir Pictures’ My Funny Valentine; the Pulse Ensemble Theatre; independent filmmakers, producers, playwrights, screenwriters, authors, directors, editors, and talent; as well as many restaurants and retail businesses.
• Senior staff, Richard A. Eisner & Company
• Junior staff, Kimerling & Margulies
• CFO, Financial Marketing Corporation of America
• New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants/Small Business Division
• Former chairman, New York CitiWorks, a nonprofit charitable organization (www.lafgrill.com)
• Foundation for Fun Flight
Awards and Recognition
Recipient of the 2003 Alliance of Resident Theaters Local Hero Award for his continued services and dedication to the Off-Broadway theater community. Since 1998, Ross has appeared five times on CBS’ “The David Letterman Show” during tax season in the “Top 10 List of Accountant One-Liners” segment.
University of Texas, B.A. degree in accounting
* All audit and attest services are provided by Ross Wisdom CPA, PLLC.
Nelson Lara (Senior Staff, Corporate Tax Specialist)
Our senior corporate tax reviewer, Nelson has experience in all levals of accounting, audit and tax. He is a member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and has a B. A. degree in accounting from Hunter College.
Indar Rambarran (Senior Staff, Individual Tax Specialist)
Our senior tax reviewer, Indar has experience in all levels of accounting, audit, and tax. He is a member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and has a B.A. degree in accounting from Hunter College.
Kimerling & Wisdom, LLC was originally founded in 1970 by tax partner Noah Kimerling and his father-in-law Solomon Margulies as Kimerling & Margulies. Our growth began with only a few individual corporate, retail and nonprofit clients. But as word spread of the quality of services being offered, we evolved over the years from Kimerling, & Margulies to Kimerling & Wisdom, LLC.
We have never lost the family-oriented, team environment that has helped us grow. Our people still strive to establish and maintain a close working relationship with each one of the business owners, not-for-profits and individuals we serve—and with each other.
We take the security of your information very seriously.
• No client’s personal or financial information will ever be disclosed to anyone, except that which is requested by you or required by law.
• This site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
• Our structured approach to business continuity, information security and privacy is designed to address malicious threats, unauthorized access and business disruptions of varying scope and severity, which may include those that could affect our building or our systems and data. Our systems and data redundancy focuses on restoring our core infrastructure including networking, applications, and other shared technologies to ensure the continuation of critical system processing. In addition, electronic files are encrypted, backed up daily and stored off-site as part of our data recover plan.
Our Community Service
Members of KWLLC’s team advise boards of directors and perform volunteer work for a variety of organizations. This gives us additional insight into the particular services you require-services that often go beyond accounting, tax, retirement, and estate work. We’re always thinking of ways to help, both with your professional needs and in our community.
In addition to the community service link featured below, please see the many other important community service links located above under the “Links” tab as well as other links embedded throughout our Web site.
The Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation
The Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness of testicular cancer and the need for regular self-examination. The Foundation seeks to ensure that young men are aware of the disease and have the information they need to conduct regular self-examinations, recognize possible warning signs, and seek medical help without embarrassment or fear of stigmatization.
The Foundation was established in memory of Noah Kimerling’s son Sean, the Emmy Award-winning anchor of WB11 sports and pre-game announcer for the New York Mets. Sean died from testicular cancer on September 9, 2003, at the age of 37.